CAPE Lab provides expertise and equipment dedicated to:
- Research and development
- Material characterization
- System testing
- Educational activities
CAPE Lab is well equipped to conduct research in:
- Polymer synthesis, processing and characterization
- Composite material processing, characterization and prototyping
- Join us for the Corrosion, Mining and Infrastructure Conference
- View Eric Schmid's Blog - Is it Rocket Science? Not quite.
- New NASA Project!
The CAPE Lab has started work on a three year NASA project to develop nanostructured composites combining exceptionally high thermal insulation properties with high strength and light weight. The goal is to create habitat construction materials which are capable of protecting humans against the harsh environments on the moon and Mars, and which will be essential to developing a sustained human presence in these and other regions of our solar system.